As a patron of the REP and the PTTP, you can depend on our work to enlighten your spirit, entertain your senses, and provide you with thought-provoking discussions. Our commitment to this community, both on-campus and off, is at the heart of our mission: a mission to introduce young people to the magic and power of live theatre, to keep ticket prices affordable for the entire community (from students to seniors and everyone in between), and to make great works of literature come alive.
Financial support from those who believe in the work of the REP and PTTP is essential to our ability to deliver on our mission. Gifts from individuals, businesses, government and foundations also help us ensure the artistic excellence you have come to expect from our productions.
Through gifts of endowment, you can impact the Department of Theatre in some of the following ways:
- Sustain positions for REP actors.
- Sustain guest artist positions; REP and PTTP guest artists are top performers, directors, and designers from Broadway and America’s leading theatres.
- Provide graduate fellowships to the PTTP to fund the recruitment and training of the finest young talent.
- Create named faculty positions to retain and recruit top talent.
- Commission playwrights to create original work for the REP.
The REP and PTTP utilize unrestricted annual funds for some of the following:
- The stunning scenery, costumes, props, and lights you enjoy on our stages.
- Special effects like dynamic videos, rotating sets, and innovative stage equipment that wow you in our productions.
- Housing and travel for Guest Artists invited to work with our talented students and our outstanding professional company.
- Stipends to playwrights for original work.
- Required books and scripts for our students (as well as groceries).
Gifts to the REP and PTTP provide access to exceptional theater productions and education programs for thousands of people of all ages every year. Through your support, you ensure that the REP and PTTP remain a vibrant center for theater in our region.
Make a Gift
There are several ways to make a gift to UD's Resident Ensemble Players and the Professional Theatre Training Program. The University's secure site ensures that your credit card, along with all other information you submit, will be processed in a safe and protected environment. You may also make a gift online using a check.
Please make sure you indicate that your gift is for the REP/PTTP when you make your donation.
There are many ways to make a gift to the REP/PTTP: